Every dog parent loves treating their furry children to something delicious. And if you’re anything like me, you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. This is why this easy recipe is my go-to.
HOW TO MAKE DOG CUPCAKES
Altogether this recipe is made up of four, dog-friendly ingredients: peanut butter, apple, an egg, and baking powder.
To make two regular sized cupcakes, you mix all four ingredients, scoop them into the muffin pan, and bake. It’s that easy!
- Three tablespoons of peanut butter
- ½ apple diced or grated (remove all the seeds)
- One whole egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C
- Mix all four ingredients into a small mixing bowl until combined.
- Lightly grease the muffin pan or two baking cups with oil or spray and cook.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan ¾ full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcake to cool completely before serving and enjoy!
You can replace the apple with a mashed banana or some pumpkin. Even grated carrot! Because my furry kids are half-dog, half-bunny.
Celebrating something special? Frost the cupcake with peanut butter and sprinkle the top with bacon bits. They will love it!
Avoid using artificially sweetened peanut butter as it can be poisonous for dogs. So make sure the peanut butter you use doesn’t contain xylitol.